Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: I just bought a clio
Reno.ro - Forum Renault Romania > Alte discutii > English Corner
kenbkfc
hi everyone i just bought a second hand clio of year 2004 want to know things good and bad about the car and soon i will start converting the car to a more kinky sportive look any comments or suggestions please send
cmandrei
Hi kenbkfc.

Please tell us more about your Clio (like: engine type, km on board etc.) so we can tell you more tongue.gif about the car and maybe more about yourself.
kenbkfc
well it is a 15hp diesel 5 door. its 2004 model, i bought ir for my wife but i think i will keep for me if i manage to start upgrading it to a nicer sport car
R19/16v
I'm sure you meant to say you have a 1500cc engine, not a 15hp one...

Solon
Just for information: What can you expect from a 1500 cc engine?
No offence! I'm just curios! wink.gif
kenbkfc
well it is a 15cc yes and what i accept nothing special.. but i have seen clio well body tuned and thats what i am willing to do not engine wise but bodywise,.. but apart that i would like to know the ads and disads of the car since i never had a renault before
hellcat
Hi!
Upload some pictures with the "new" car if you have.
cmandrei
kenbkfc is very hard to say exactly what kind of problems your car will have.

The bigest problem to 1.5 dci Renault (in Romania - from what I know) was related to the diesel pump, injectors and diesel pipes - but not separatelly - all together (in the service they say that all must be changed together for the problem to be solved) ... => something like - at some point the engine starts to lose power and other stuff related to injectors "clogging", because of some iron filings found in the system - it seems that all of this is because of bad diesel quality. This problem is very rare, but exists.

Anything else ... is common let's say smile.gif
kenbkfc
well that is not a good news re pump and injectors, in Malta from where i come we also have bad diesel so i guess mine will get it to..beside all this next friday im going to my sprayer to design some new side skirts and front back spoilers.. any suggestions or pictures?
cmandrei
Hehe do not be afraid smile.gif ... it happened to 3 cars from this forum if I remember well and there are more than 100 dci clio ... so just drive safely smile.gif ... about pictures ... I do not know ... what exactly would you like to paint ? what's your car colour ? ... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.