Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: It's not Enough to buy a FERRARÄ°
Reno.ro - Forum Renault Romania > Alte discutii > English Corner
meganecoupe20
user posted image

user posted image
cmandrei
Oh God ... doesn't have ABS biggrin.gif ... is this true or is it a kind of joke ?
meganecoupe20
It is true and you can see no marks on the road,gone straight under Palio.
AlexV
i'd like to see a picture taken form the right side of the cars. strange accident.
danielh
Quite similar to this one
http://www.reno.ro/https://www.reno.ro/index.php?showtopic=41538
Tudor
I had the chance to drive for couple of miles with a very powerful sporty car (Porsche 440 hp). The owner asked me to wait 2-3 sec more before let it roll from the stop, in order to let the car in front of me to get some distance. A sport car accelerates very fast and if you aren’t used to drive it, it’s very easy to end up under the car in front of you, like in the picture.
rttt_gia
You have a heavy foot. How could someone drive under the car in front of him? I don't know how a 440 hp accelerates but i imagine - amazing, so what happened?
Tudor
When driving a lot hp, if you are a beginner (like I was and still am; I didn’t have the chance to get used to it, but I still dream about it sad.gif ) in sport car ( “truly� sport car: many many hp + light weight) and there is no electronic acceleration control, it is very hard to start from still. If you accelerate too little, the motor will stop, if you accelerate too much the wheels will roll but the car will stay still. When you get that you have to accelerate gradually, the car accelerates very rapidly, living you with no margin for error. When you have electronic control it’s much easy, but with good tyres you still have to be very careful.
In the picture I believe this is exactly what happened. There is no brake marks and they are at a stop sign, so I believe the Ferrari just accelerated a lot more than the Fiat.
The owner of the Porsche stopped twice in the bottom of the car in front of him (when starting from still) in the first 2 month of having the car (lucky for him, none end up like this). He had previously a 90 hp car and didn't know how a 440 hp car really accelerates.
octav_
smile.gif I believe that the driver in the Fiat hit the brakes hard and the Ferrari hit him. When the Fiat braked it's rear was "lifted" so the Ferrari could easily get under it.
MAC
There are no brake marks, I don't think the Fiat's owner hit the brakes, I think he was just lifted...nice feeling I presume... laugh.gif
costi
@octav_

Correct.
Fiat pushed the break and the Ferrari did not. It's quite common.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.