Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Romania, recomendations and other info

Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 14:53
Post #1

Croatian member

Group: Members

I think that this is a good place for Romanians to advertise Romania a bit and give some recomendations smile.gif

For instance how long wolud it take me to drive from Zagreb to Bucuresti through Hungaria?

How are the prices there, for instance what would I pay for a night in a average hotel in Bucuresti?

--------------------
Dacia Logan Laureate 1.6 2005 + LPG Landi Renzo sequent
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
AL
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:13
Post #2

you have 2 routes from Zagreb to Romania (Bucharest)....

A ) Zagreb> Belgrad> Drobeta Turnu Severin> Craiova> Pitesti> Bucharest (Bucuresti)... from Zagreb to Belgrad and between Pitesti and Bucuresti they are motorways... cca 1000-1100 km (cca 500 km motorways)

B ) (this was my route because I tried to avoid Serbia) Zagreb > motorway (cca 300 km) and turn left: Dakovo > Osijek > border with Hungary > Mohacs > turn right and head : Baja > Szeged > Nadlac (border with RO.. total cca 300 km national roads) > Arad > Deva > Sibiu > Pitesti > Bucuresti (cca. 600 km, km 100 motorway +500 national roads).. total: 300+300+600= 1200 km (400 km motoway)

time: 7 hours Zagreb-Arad plus 8-9 hours Arad-Bucharest plus 1-2 hours at the borders = 16 - 18 hours!!!... to much for 1 day ... I recommand you to stop 1 night in Hungay, in Szeged or in Romania, in Deva (not in Arad)... Zagreb to Deva = 800 km and 10-12 hours... or Zagreb to Szeged = 550 km and 7 hours ... all the timing are indicative... depending on the traffic, car, driver, weather etc.!!!

the roads are ok some problems near Mohacs and between Deva and Sibiu.. in the summer will be some road-works between Sibiu and Pitesti...

motorway taxes only in Croatia (aprox. 65-70 kuna in april 2004) and a special road development tax in RO (vigneta) ... I'll be back with info about the price!!!

CO95 unleaded gas price: in Croatia around 6,8-7 kuna (?) ... in RO 30 k lei/l (or 3 new lei !!!) = aprox. 0,8 euro/l (1 euro = aprox 36 k lei)

hotels in Bucharest are expensive... they are some small hotels or hostels arround 60 euro/night/room... but I think will be possbile to arange something for you... an apartment to rent etc. in casa you want to come here...

--------------------
Skoda KAROQ 2019 - B-21-NEW
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:22
Post #3

Croatian member

Whell the second route sounds better to me smile.gif, and it's only a 100 km difference, so it's not a lot.

1200 km, that sounds like it's a two day trip for me. Did you do the trip in one day, or did you stop and sleep somewhere?

--------------------
Reliability of machines is inversely proportional to the number and importance of people watching it
+
asarban
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:38
Post #4

Membru autentic

Group: Banned

I think that driving 1200 km in just one day is not such a good ideea in any country, but especially in Romania.
Here you have only 100 km of a allegedly highway..the rest of the trip is coverd by national roads, 1 lane allmost.
From Nadlac (border) to Bucharest I (which I'm considered as a little "Speedy Gonzales") need from 4,5 to 6 hours of constant driving. Whitout any stops.
Usually it takes 6-8 hours.
BUT! Adding the time you will spend at the border (2 hours) one or two stops (another 1 hour) the trip only in Romania will take you up to 10 hours!
So I don't think is such a good ideea.
Hotels in Bucharest...
We have a lot with various prices so you have to tell us the maximum price you want to spend per night.

--------------------
Intr-o apa adanca patru ochi luceste. Ce sa fie oare este doi de peste.
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:51
Post #5

Croatian member

This was just for informative purposes (regarding the prices), I doubt that I will be taking any long trips this year because I've just bought a car and I have to recover from it smile.gif

2 hours at the border? Controls or waiting?

--------------------
+
asarban
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:53
Post #6

Membru autentic

Group: Banned

Waiting
Control...max. 5 minutes.
(It's very, very, very hard for romanian policemen to read and write in the same time...so it takes a looong loong time)

--------------------
Intr-o apa adanca patru ochi luceste. Ce sa fie oare este doi de peste.
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 15:57
Post #7

Croatian member

LolLolLo.gif

we all have the same policemen

--------------------
+
AL
post 16 Mar 2005, 16:02
Post #8

QUOTE(Boris @ 16 Mar 2005, 15:22)
Did you do the trip in one day, or did you stop and sleep somewhere?

yes ... first day Bucharest-Arad... second day Arad-Trieste (through Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia) .... final point France (Grenoble) or Italy (Rome). wink.gif

is not the same like Zagreb to Bucharest.... biggrin.gif

ph34r.gif
I testify: the romanian and croatian policemans are the same kind or type!!!

The time is for waiting and control...

--------------------
Skoda KAROQ 2019 - B-21-NEW
+
alx
post 16 Mar 2005, 16:20
Post #9

Membru autentic

it's not always the same. you have tot ake into consideration 2 hours waiting but the chances to happen that are less than 50%.

i advise u, if you are coming in a 2 day trip, to spend the night in Budapest or closer to the border, but in Hungary. They have decent conditions at lower prices than in RO. In RO, the best balance between quality and price u can find in pensions (we call them here agro-touristical pensions) but near the border is hard to find that.

--------------------
Mitsubishi Outlander 1 2.0 benzina - varies
Vine valu' / Imi ia calu'
Chiar si scroafa din cotet...
+
vv
post 16 Mar 2005, 16:26
Post #10

dilbert.com

Boris, if you come to Romania, I wouldn't recomend Bucharest. If you like going in the mountins, you can go to Scărișoara - Padiș (~ 250 km from Nădlac - the border). You will have to camp there, or you can find some houses in the area that wil host you for a small fee - it's really much better than most (cheap) hotels.
If you want to visit cities I would recommend that you spend the night in Sibiu or Sighișoara, or even in Timișoara which is near the border (and then take at least one day to visit some cities from Transilvania - I just mentioned three of them which are worth visiting IMO, you may add Târgu Mureș & several others to the list)...
Heck, if you go to the mountains (Apuseni) I guess I could even let you stay in a chalet that i have there (need to get approval from by wife first, otherwise i might popa.gif ) - but it will be problematic since in the mountains the locals don't speak english and it won't be easy for you to get any directions there.

This post has been edited by vv: 16 Mar 2005, 16:27

--------------------
Renault Grand Scenic 2008 - B.00.XXX
It is final proof of god's omnipotence that he needs not exist in order to save us.
+
Boris
post 16 Mar 2005, 16:47
Post #11

Croatian member

Thanks a lot for the offer vv!

Like I said these are just ideas running through my head. Nothing decided yet.

BTW, any decisions about jour trip to Dubrovnik?

--------------------
+
edidan
post 11 Apr 2013, 09:13
Post #12

Membru incepator

hello, everyone

i have been using this map for some months now, and it is certainly a useful one, it is very effective because it shows you the way, the number of km between the two places, the amount of oil needed and the sum of money needed, calculating the sum paid for one litre of oil. you can check it out here:

http://dli.ro/harti-online/

hope to be a helping hand for everybody!

--------------------
renault symbol 2007 - sm 05 dgi
+
UXE
post 21 Feb 2014, 13:57
Post #13

Modelator

404 not found

--------------------
Renault Symbol 2006 1.4 8v - UXE
Subaru Forester 2.5 XT - 230 CP
+
P-A-C-O
post 30 Apr 2014, 19:02
Post #14

What you see is what you get!

--------------------
- - -
Ziua de 16 nov 2014 a ramas in istoria Romaniei ca fiind ziua in care omul politic Victor Ponta a fost cel mai aproape sa devina Presedintele Romaniei
+
george_scala_2004
post 30 Apr 2014, 20:07
Post #15

Membru autentic

--------------------
... ... ...
+
george_scala_2004
post 7 Nov 2014, 08:31
Post #16

Membru autentic

--------------------
... ... ...
+
george_scala_2004
post 7 May 2015, 11:32
Post #17

Membru autentic

În trecut erau adevărate opere de arhitectură, dar astăzi din marea lor majoritate se mai păstrează doar ruinele din ceea ce au fost castelele celor mai bogate familii din Transilvania. Excepție face doar Castelul Bethlen-Haller care se află în proprietate privată și care este un exemplu de rafinament, eleganță și bun gust pentru felul în care a fost restaurat.

http://alba24.ro/resedinte-de-lux-spitale-...lba-215646.html

La Zlatna a sosit miercuri, locomotiva „Mocăniței” ce a fost restaurată prin grija Primăriei Zlatna în colaborare cu Consiliul Județean și va circula spre Alba Iulia, pentru turiști. Investiția pentru această atracție turistică a fost de 150.000 de euro, potrivit primarului Silviu Ponoran și mai urmează să fie adus în oraș și un vagon, și el restaurat, pentru a completa garnitura trenului de epocă. Din precizările edilului, trenul ar putea circula pe linie clasică, de luna viitoare.

http://alba24.ro/video-locomotiva-mocanite...lia-408124.html

http://alba24.ro/foto-atractie-turistica-l...luj-369637.html

--------------------
... ... ...
+
george_scala_2004
post 30 Dec 2015, 20:23
Post #18

Membru autentic

http://www.agerpres.ro/sanatate/2015/12/30...n-lume-19-23-36

Timișoara are unul dintre cele mai frumoase centre istorice din țară. Primarul Robu a inaugurat proiectul înainte de a fi gata

http://adevarul.ro/locale/timisoara/motiv-...b153/index.html

This post has been edited by george_scala_2004: 31 Dec 2015, 09:54

--------------------
... ... ...
+
george_scala_2004
post 6 Aug 2016, 18:16
Post #19

Membru autentic

--------------------
... ... ...
+
Reply to this topic Topic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 22:25
Dacia