Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RX4 questions :)

Bobi-BG
post 28 Nov 2007, 18:33
Post #1

Membru incepator

Group: Members

Hello guys smile.gif I can't find much information about 4WD system in RX4 and have to ask You smile.gif
What is separation of the power on front:rear axle...is it 100%:0% or 95%:5% or other proportion in normal conditions (on the road) :?
Is it fast response of the viscous coupling when conditions are suitable to shift power to rear axle...what do You think, if You had impressions?
And another question...when I think about ASR and viscous coupling-the action of ASR and viscous is it in contradiction (one is for prevent sliping of the front wheels,and another is activating when front wheels start sliping :? )?
Any information will help me smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bobi-BG: 28 Nov 2007, 18:34

--------------------
Renault RX4 2001
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
ciprian burlacu
post 30 Nov 2007, 20:16
Post #2

Membru autentic

In my opinion, in normal situation the front:rear ratio is 80:20.
Depending on the road conditions the ratio can support an array between 80:20 and 20:80.

I believe that viscous coupling response is fast enough, you shouldn't feel any malfunction of your car when rear axel receive more than 20%.

Just drive, no matter of the road conditions: snow, rain or mud.
Be carefull on icy roads! There's no 100% safe car on that circumstances and also, do not try Camel Trophy or similar with RX4. Is not meant to be a real off-roader.

All the safety equipments are designed to be complementary. I understand what you saying about ASR and viscous coupling but I'm affraid I disagree on that issue.

All the best!

This post has been edited by ciprian burlacu: 30 Nov 2007, 20:18

--------------------
Scenic RX4 Privilege 2.0 16v
+
Bobi-BG
post 3 Dec 2007, 14:43
Post #3

Membru incepator

ciprian burlacu,thanks for your opinion!
I asked because I can't feel when rear axle receive more power (example on mud) blink.gif
About ASR and viscous couplin would You explain where I make mistake in my point of view.I'll be very thankfull biggrin.gif
BR,
Bobi
P.S. ciprian burlacu,it seems You are right about front:rear ratio in normal conditions biggrin.gif I found this issue:
The four-wheel drive system is simplicity itself; in normal circumstances the front/rear drive split is 80/20, but when the ABS system detects front wheelspin, more torque is automatically transferred through a viscous coupling to the rear. Renault says the system maximises fuel economy, although that again raises the question of whether you need the extra weight of four-wheel drive in the first place. If and when you do take the RX4 off-road, the system works well; Moroccan desert terrain ranging from rocky tracks to steep, sandy hills posed no problems. There was some kickback through the steering on rough surfaces but the suspension travel and ground clearance were perfectly adequate, and the ride quality was good. It did feel a little soft on asphalt roads but not excessively so, and, with the exception of offset pedals and an awkwardly high clutch action, was a pleasant and comfortable drive.

This post has been edited by Bobi-BG: 3 Dec 2007, 19:19

--------------------
Renault RX4 2001
+
Reply to this topic Topic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 20:55
Dacia