Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Renault Romania - horror movies, unfortunately they are real

neumann
post 25 Feb 2008, 22:32
Post #1

Membru autentic

Group: Members

Now guys, I am writing this because I have a very bad treatment from the local renault representative office, and I want your opinion about the way you were treated by local renault representative office (not the dealer), if you ever got in contact with them. I cannot write to the french office, since they are redirecting all the complains to renault romania, and of course they are forgotten.

In the middle of january, I asked for an EU COC for my renault clio mk II. Until now, I didn't get the paper (even though they said normally it takes 2-3 weeks), with only a paragraph on it saying that the car complies with eu norms. I repeatedly called them, on my money, at least 5 or 6 times and they were not able to provide a dateto deliver the paper. Once again, all the things are confirming that renault just wants to sell you the car and then, they rip you off on spare parts and service, and if something it's not taxable, you'll wait ages to get it and that is the better case.

Now, I was astonished since somebody from Romania called the customer service (Vocea Clientului) on my behalf and they replied, "yes, we know the case, it is that guy that wants to sell its car to Germany". What I have told them, is that I want to export the car and register it in another country. I am not living in Germany and I don't want to sell the car, but somehow they "knew" it. I also gave them half an hour to answer to some shitty questionnaire regarding the type of car I want to buy in the future, how much money I earn, etc. Now, I regret. So, if they call you on some marketing survey, do not answer, since they do not help you at all when you need them.

Now, there is the possibility to obtain the paper from a local dealer, but it costs about 100 euros (since I bought the car elsewhere). Some people are probably waiting for some bribe, as there is common knowledge that nothing is for free in some countries, but I prefer to legally pay the money to some dealer, and I will assure myself that Renault Romania will be well known among their colleagues from other countries/representative offices, and also in the country where now I am resident.
The story is even worse, since we have bought 6 cars from the same dealer, same salesperson (some of them are on a small company).

However, I will soon contact the representative office here and compare the way they are servicing their customers with the Renault Romania. And also I know a lot of internet english boards to make this story well known, since it is the truth and basically in short time I won't be able to use the car without that paper. I am also taking in consideration suing Renault Romania for this, because the local laws do not allow me to drive a car registered in another country and it is their fault they don't provide the car CoC.

--------------------
... .. ..
Americanii il vor pe Ciolos.. i-au dat si viza!
User is offlineGalerie FotoPM
Go to the top of the page
+
gotty
post 25 Feb 2008, 23:10
Post #2

fagocer™ haituit

first of all, I'm sorry about your troubles with RRo...

second , i don t know if you can read this forum but it is full of shitty things that RRo does....

I hope you'll get your paper soon...

P.S.there is a member who won a case against RRo,true,on worse basis,but if you realy take in consideration suing them I wish you all the luck you need...

--------------------
Private Spice Member
+
neumann
post 26 Feb 2008, 09:16
Post #3

Membru autentic

hi ssilviu wink.gif
I am writing in english because this is the english corner, and I want to know if it is only Renault Romania who acts like this; if it is the same all around Europe, then I will consider selling the car. wink.gif

By the way, "they are thanking me for my trust on them", in one of their answers.
Well, the request was made on the second week of January, they say it will take 2 or 3 weeks. Then, two weeks ago, they provided some contact person, saying that the certificate has arrived. But that contact person keeps saying "it hasn't arrived yet, maybe next week" and now it is the 3rd time whent he does that. I only asked them for a certain date when they can deliver the certificate.

Lessons learned: Ask for your EU CoC when you buy the car. Mentioned them that you will not buy it if they don't provide the paper. The certificate is valid indefinetly and you can store it with the original invoice - it is just a piece of A4 paper. Who knows when you might need it, and posibly you'll make the next owner happy (you can sell it at a little bigger price).

Later edit: where did the previous post dissapear?!

This post has been edited by cristianco2002: 26 Feb 2008, 09:53

--------------------
... .. ..
+
Vio
post 2 Mar 2008, 15:40
Post #4

MEMBERMENSCH

Honestly I can't really see your problem: are you trying to obtain that paper in order to get German licence plates so that you can drive your car in Germany on a long term basis?
Because if it is so, the solution to your problem is much, much simpler: just drive it with your Romanian licence plates, with Romanian insurance... I live in Germany for 3,5 years, driving a Renault registered in Romania, and never had the slightest problem about it...

--------------------
Renault Megane II 2003 1,4 16V
98 cp Pack Authentique, gri boreal, 105.500 km
If you want to hit your target, shoot first, and then call whatever you hit the target.
+
neumann
post 6 Mar 2008, 10:25
Post #5

Membru autentic

Finally, I got the paper, after contacting the person who sold me the car (the salesperson from the dealer). They promised 2-3 weeks, I was kind of relying on that. Otherwise, now I am happy. They said the problem was with renault France and that it is why it took longer than usual.
I personally like renault cars, they are fair for the price you pay, and the engines are good and modern. If they improve communication with customer, when I will next upgrade my car, I will take megane or laguna into consideration.

It is not Germany, it is a different country with different regulations. But, I think you need to come back with the car at least once in 6 months or 1 year if you drive in Germany with romanian licence plates. And Germany is still close to Romania, even though driving some 22 hours is not neccesarily a pleasure.

--------------------
... .. ..
+
Vio
post 6 Mar 2008, 10:55
Post #6

MEMBERMENSCH

Well, it's more like 17 hours in my case... smile.gif
You're right, I asked this question in 2004 to the German authorities, and the answer was: if the car leaves Germany at least once every 6 months, there is no problem (and I actually do that at least 3 times a year)... I'm not sure though how they can check that, now that Ro is an EU member and borders / border controls are as good as gone...

This post has been edited by Vio: 6 Mar 2008, 10:56

--------------------
If you want to hit your target, shoot first, and then call whatever you hit the target.
+
Dodone
post 17 Mar 2008, 22:53
Post #7

membru invidios pe trade mark-ul lui semit (tanti moderatoreasa)

If the custom police (regardless in wich country, D or RO ) doesn't register any more EU citizens who trespass the border, they have no proves to accuse you that you broke the law.
This law is still in place for non EU travelers.

--------------------
Renault Renault Laguna 1 GrandTour 1998/Concorde
Daca dragoste nu e, nimic nu e. M.Preda
Nu sunt de acord cu nici un cuvant din ceea ce spui dar mi-as da viata pentru dreptul tau de a vorbi Voltaire
+
Tudor
post 26 Jun 2008, 19:31
Post #8

Vio: please note that the German Police said that you have to leave Germany at least once every six month. They didn't say you have to enter in Romania at least once every six month, so it's enough to pass into Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia, France, Poland, Netherlands or Switzerland (which one is closer to you or which one do you prefer) and buy something from the first petrol station to have a receipt. That all you need and should take far less than 17 or 20 hours to drive smile.gif.

--------------------
Renault Clio III 2006 1,5 dCi 80cp Dynamique 3usi
Honda CR-V 2006 2,2 CDTi 140cp Executive
+
Vio
post 1 Jul 2008, 09:57
Post #9

MEMBERMENSCH

You're right, I sometimes cross the border into the Czech Republic (about 50 km) for cheaper shopping and filling the tank with cheaper gas biggrin.gif But I used to throw the receipts away biggrin.gif ...
Anyway, it's not really a problem that should bother me: I mean, the burden of proof lies to them, they should prove that I DIDN'T leave Germany at the right time, don't you think? But the local police seems to have no problem about it, and I'm not the only new-EU-member-citizen driving his car here on a long term basis with own national licence plates, there's plenty of Poles, Czechs and Hungarians doing the same...

--------------------
+
twingooo
post 12 Oct 2008, 11:04
Post #10

Membru de partid din Republica Ceha

if within the eu space, the right of ownership is recognized by all countries, regardless of how long they've been members. no need to register the car on the country in which you're living(temp/perm)because the ownership of that particular asset was recognised by a legal body therefore no need to do it again.yes, certain local taxes have to be paid, certain local rules apply and have to be followed and applied but no one will deny you the right of movement within the eu space, the right of owning a car no matter where the car is registered in the eu.policemen in the cz republic (at least this is the example i can give)are only asking you about the driving license and an additional paper to confirm your citizenship...once they clear out the fact that you're an eu citizen, then there's business as usual like for everyone(fine you if guilty,salute you if that was a routine check)

be aware that the car have to be insured and road taxes paid!

--------------------
Renault Espace 2.0 dci 2007, Privilege
mens sana in corpore barosano!
+
D-Ice
post 2 Apr 2011, 20:10
Post #11

Membru autentic

I had a quarrel with Renault Romania Client`s Voice, regarding an unacceptable failure of an important and expensive piece, and I was pleasantly surprised to solve the problem after sending a mail to Renault France. I have explained that it took 2 weeks for RRo to respond to a complaint, and surprise, RRo contacted me the next day. The problem was solved and Renault regained my trust, but it is sad that you must "talk to the Big Boss", to solve a minor issue, that is typically a romanian custom. Hopefully RRo will pass that phase soon, because being a representative for a company like Renault, means that you must get rid of the romanian bad customs once you pass the company`s door.
About the fact that you must cross the border from time to time, if having foreign plates, no one told me that, when I have crossed the border, and I also have friends living in Holland for years, and no policeman pulled them over for that, but only for traffic rules violations. EU membership gives you free passage within the EU borders.

This post has been edited by D-Ice: 2 Apr 2011, 20:23

--------------------
. . .
„Omul a ajuns un semizeu tehnic înainte ca, din punct de vedere moral, să fi coborât de tot din copac.” — Jean Rostand
+
Reply to this topic Topic OptionsStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version  Harta site  Parteneri  Jocuri online  Curs Valutar  HRH Haine din lana merinos Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 20:10
Dacia